Hello there, and probably for the nth time today, THANK YOU for taking time to read this blog of mine! I’m glad you’re here and I hope you enjoy what I enjoy the most – writing.
I started writing this blog back in 2017, so I was fifteen years old when I first wrote this introduction. Many things have changed. And as I read my facts… I realized that it’s time to revamp it a little with newer and better content. So what you’re reading now has remnants from the past, and I decided not to modify everything, because it’s really cute to get back to it (and for the nostalgia, I guess)!
I remember getting extremely bored in the summer of ’16 so I decided to write and start a blog. If there was one thing that didn’t change for me, it would possibly be my love for art (in all its forms–literature, cinema, music, etc.) and my love for God. I tried to incorporate that love through this blog, “Pencils and Palettes.”
Here’s a quote from my fifteen-year-old self:
This blog is dedicated to all the things I’ve been enjoying and I’m very passionate about, and what very special way to do this is through… (you guessed it) BLOGGING! The blogging world fascinates me to bits. I see this blog as an opportunity to express myself, form ideas, and share the good news. I hope my blog, although new, would stand out like the others and encourage you in some way others can’t.
Without further ado, it’s time for my epic introduction.
Some of you may already know me as Aundrea Joy. I’m Aunds in school, AJ in church, Deidei at home, and Drew on stan twitter. I am not that good with introductions, so here are just fifteen random and updated facts about me!
1. My name, Aundrea, means manly or virile. It’s another name for Andrea, or it’s Greek “andreia.” It’s also the female version of Andrew. I’m not completely sure if this definition would fit me, but one thing is for sure: I love my name. (And having the female version of Andrew is cool too.)
2. I’m into sports, and I’m always willing to play a new sport. I play very little Basketball, Soccer, and Table Tennis recreationally! I’m not exceptional in it, but hey, if you knew me… I know that I’m kind of mediocre at everything.
3. This third fact is probably very obvious, but… I love music. I think my taste is quite diverse! Before I was only into pop, alternative, and electronic music but now I’ve learned to appreciate jazz, classical, and classic rock. I love the sound of old bands from the ’60s up until the ’80s, too.
4. In addition to my love of music, I can make music too. I play the violin and the ukulele. I’ve been playing my violin for 5 years, I think, but I’m not sure if I’ve made major major improvements. I’m rambling about my ukulele on the next fact.
5. I’ve just recently learned how to play the ukulele. I was in love at first sight when I saw it only had four NYLON strings! This won’t be a pain to my fingers, but still, the main reason I played the ukulele is so that I could play and imitate any twenty øne piløts song.
6. To be more specific, I listen to a number of bands and artists. Some of them are One Direction, 5SOS, The 1975, Panic! At The Disco, Ed Sheeran, Shawn Mendes, gnash, Sam Smith, twenty one pilots, and Owl City (or basically any music Adam Young makes). Guess which are my all-time favorites. Edit: Some bands I adore right now are The Beatles, The Sound, Fleetwood Mac, The Doors, Kyo, Neck Deep, etc.)
7. I have been a Christian for 10 years already, though I started taking my faith seriously in 2016, perhaps. It may not seem that obvious to some, but hey, Christianity means depending and looking to Christ every day for forgiveness and
8. I used to teach and disciple little kids ever Summer for Mega Sports Camp, a summer camp dedicated to sharing the Gospel to little kids through different sports. This is one reason I look forward every summer.
9. I am VERY into calligraphy and hand-lettering. I was first inspired with Abbey Sy’s work last year, and I’ve been practicing the skill for about a year now. Edit: I started out with traditional hand-lettering, but right now I am currently experimenting on digital art. I use Procreate for iPad, and you can check some of my pieces on the Art page of this blog! Support me on my art/book account here.
10. I’ve already been thinking TOO HARD about starting my own personal blog. I was SUPER nervous to be starting one. I mean, seriously, starting one is hella intimidating! Managing one seems hard, but hey, it’s freaking summer and I totally have nothing to do, so I should really go for it, right?
11. My first time to watch a Broadway musical was in January 2015. They had a Broadway musical for Beauty and the Beast. It was amazing. I cried, for crap’s sake! I love how the music performed was live, they even had a live orchestra, and the new songs, especially A Change in Me, really made an impact on me. Wait, wait, the whole show made an impact on me. I couldn’t stop thinking of the show afterwards. Additional info: I wrote the cast a letter on how beautiful BATB is, and how I couldn’t stop talking about it. Basically, I fangirled about it. Edit: I’m also a Phantom of the Opera fangirl! Hadley Fraser as Raoul de Chagny, though.
12. If we’re going to be talking about another one of the most memorable nights of my life… it’s definitely One Direction’s On The Road Again Tour that happened last March 2015.
13. I used to be a fan of Lang Leav’s poetry. From Love and Misadventure to her latest work, The Universe of Us, it is a breathtaking read. Sometimes, my best friend and I would be reading it aloud to one another; and when we’re done, we’re left breathless and we’re like, “wow.” (Yeah, we like to pretend we’re in love or just plain heartbroken.) Poetry like hers taught me to discover the classical poets, though. Currently some of my favorites are Shakespeare’s and Edgar Allan Poe.
14. I love reading books. I have my picks on my genres though. It’s hard to pick a favorite book, because I think I have a lot. The books that have a special place in my heart though are Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Radio Silence by Alice Oseman, Flipped by Wendelin van Draanen, and The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Add me on Goodreads!
I don’t really enjoy movies, but film adaptations of books are really my thing. (I can’t believe I said this before?) I’m a changed person, I HELLA ADORE movies, or I like to call it, f i l m s. I haven’t seen La La Land (2016) before writing this article, so you get the picture. If you want to see my favorite ones, check this!
There you go, fifteen random facts about me. Thanks for reading ’til the end. I’ll see you guys soon.